Thursday, April 22, 2010

US Embassy (again)

I know Isaac and Joey have already beat me to blogging on the US embassy, but here it goes anyway:P

On Monday we visited the US embassy, which is a pretty large compound near downtown Moscow. So large, in fact, that it's the butt of several Russian jokes. I remember our Russian teacher Vera even cracking a few jokes about its size.

Well it is imposing enough to warrant a few jokes, but to my delight, the "tour" of the embassy was a very informal and friendly lunch. Morgan Haas and Scott Reynolds of the USDA met us in the embassy's cafeteria, and for the next 2hrs, we ate and talked about what it is that they do in Moscow. You can check out Isaac's blog for that info, but I just wanted to say how oddly enjoyable it was to talk to other Americans and eat standard American cafeteria food. Maybe I'm a little homesick:P

No comments:

Post a Comment